Monday, January 05, 2009

I Got An Emmy!

I was so extremely happy to know that cartoon show that I am part of won a prestigious Emmy Award in the category New Approaches – Daytime Children’s at the 35th Annual Creative Arts & Entertainment Daytime Emmy Awards in New York City on Friday June 13, 2008! I was a clean-up and in-between artist for the "I Got A Rocket!" and that was my very first animation job at Sunwoo Entertainment Philippines. Did I already say I am happy? Knowing "I Got A Rocket!" won makes me proud of myself and my friends who work very hard for that show. Congrats to all of us!.Sarap ng feeling!!!

Below is an article about the award:

SLR Productions' animated series wins Daytime Emmy

SLR Productions animated television series I Got A Rocket! won a prestigious Emmy Award in the category New Approaches – Daytime Children’s at the 35th Annual Creative Arts & Entertainment Daytime Emmy Awards in New York City on Friday June 13.

I Got A Rocket! is an explosive fast paced comedy following the adventures of 12-year-old Vinnie Q, who receives the best present a boy could ever get - a wise-cracking, gadget-packed rocket ... who just happens to be his new best friend! The
fast-paced 52 x 11 minute animated series is based on Matt Zurbo and Dean Gorissen's award-winning Australian picture book of the same name. The series is co-produced by SLR Productions, Taffy Entertainment, Sunwoo Entertainment, KI.KA ARD and Europool.

The Australian series airs daily on the USA Video on Demand broadcast channel Kabillion. I Got A Rocket! aired on Network Ten Australia and currently airs on Nickelodeon Australia, KI.KA Germany and Gulli TV France. The 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards is a presentation of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in cooperation with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

SLR's CEO Suzanne Ryan says: “This was an absolute team effort and we are all extremely proud of making a successful series that would win such a prestigious award as an Emmy. It’s great to see an Australian series do so well internationally. I Got A Rocket! has been a rating success on all the networks it’s screened so far. We look forward to its continuing achievements”.

[Release by SLR]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home